Here are some helpful hints to make moving day as quick and efficient as possible! Planning is key for performing a fast and efficient move. First and foremost, before you begin packing, sort through your belongings and set aside any and make you feel better before you start packing.
- Box and Label: Box everything up room by room, and label as much as possible(i.e.-bedroom 1,2,3, kitchen, living room, etc.) Be sure to mark breakables with a fragile marking, and keep in a separate area, as this will allow us to place your fragile items/boxes in an appropriate space on our trucks.
- Apartments and Condos: For Apartment and Condo Moves, or in a building with limited parking, please try to reserve space for the trucks in an easily accessible location. Also, in the event that elevators will be used, please reserve time where it can be locked open, which will speed up our pace considerably, saving you time and money!
- Appliances: When moving appliances such as televisions or stereo systems, it is ideal to pack them in the box or packaging the product originally came in. This will guarantee a sure fit, and greatly helps in transport. Also, be sure to tie and/or tether any cords.
- Fragile Items: Please pack lampshades and other fragile items in well packed boxes. We pack our trucks tightly, and although we are extremely careful, fragile items need to be packed accordingly. Also, taping boxes top and bottom greatly increases structural rigidity, and ensures safe transport.
- Kids and Pets: If you have young children, it is best to make arrangements for them to stay with family or a sitter during the move hours. Also, lock up cats and dogs in a bathroom, crate, or yard. As much as we love pets, they just aren’t as helpful as they may think they are when it comes to moving your belongings.
Lastly, we understand that moving is not cheap. If you are on a budget, preparation is key! The better prepared you are for us, the less time it will take. Disassembling furniture, bagging/boxing all loose items, and having everything ready when we get there are the best ways to save time and money. Also, by bringing any small/loose items in a personal vehicle, you can reduce clutter prior to the move and reduce the time your move will take.
These are the necessary steps to take in order to get your move started in the right
direction. Lastly, if you can remember to bring a good attitude, we’ll remember to eat
our spinach before we show up!! It’s a win-win situation!
Need more assistance? Our Moving Checklist can guide you in the direction, and
make sure that even the tiniest of details is taken care of before your move!